Monday, December 28, 2009

Expanding Your Musical Horizons: A List of the Best Rap Albums of 2009 By Someone Who Should Not Be Doing a List of the Best Rap Albums of 2009

I'm liking this long titles trend I've got going for 2 posts here. I think I might use it as a gimmick.

Please note that I only listen to public radio and do not discuss rap music with people very often. I also have a limited knowledge of the genre. (Hence the title, A List of the Best Rap Albums of 2009 By Someone Who Should Not Be Doing a List of the Best Rap Albums of 2009.) I also have no idea how popular this music actually is (other than the Jay-Z album, of course).

So here we go.

5. Jay-Z - The Blueprint



















4. Clipse - Til The Casket Drops


















3. Raekwon - Only Built for Cuban Linx Part II



















2. Mos Def - Estatic



















1. DOOM - Born Like This