Saturday, February 13, 2010

The 10 Best Indie Love Songs Ever

What with Valentine's day being tomorrow, I made a list of the best indie love songs. All the other blogs are doing this, but their lists suck. (Some of them really suck.)

So here we go,


1. My Bloody Valentine - You Made Me Realise


I could make this entire list out of My Bloody Valentine songs and it would be better than it is now. The lyrics are chillingly good.

2. Belle & Sebastian - If She Wants Me

I guess I'll go with this Belle & Sebastian song.

3. Animal Collective - Purple Bottle



There's one list where this guy says My Girls is a love song.

4. Yo La Tengo - Sugarcube



The video is great.

5. Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea




6. The White Stripes - Fell in Love with a Girl



7. Slowdive - Alison



More shoegaze.

8. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps




9. The Postal Service - Such Great Heights



Tired and cliche, but I feel obligated to include it. Have you seen the screamo version? It's hilarious.

10. Los Campesinos! - You! Me! Dancing!





They sure love exclamation points!